Monday 12 December 2016

The Hair We Wear by Shannon



 alessandra-midnight-cocoa

The Hair We Wear by Shannon


December 6, 2016 as posted on Jon Renau

THIS MONTH WE ASKED SHANNON - OUR END WEARER - TO SHARE HER STORY WITH US.
I’m 33 years old, living in Edmonton, Canada with my husband and our puppy. While I’ve always had really thin hair, my hair loss accelerated at the beginning of 2015 when I stopped taking birth control pills to try and become pregnant. After over a year of not getting a cycle, I was prescribed fertility treatments, which only accelerated my hair loss. I ended up losing around 70% of the hair I once had. It was devastating at first and I went through many nights of crying over my hair loss coupled with not being able to get pregnant. When I found wigs, the worries of my hair loss were resolved.


How long have you been wearing wigs or hairpieces?

I purchased my first wig in early 2016. It was not a Jon Renau wig and while I was thrilled with how much volume and hair this wig had, I did not get a positive first reaction from my mother. That almost ended my journey with wigs altogether, but I wasn’t quite ready to give up. I decided to purchase a Jon Renau Courtney in 4 shortly after as I wanted to try one of the top of the line wigs to see if maybe it would look more realistic. When this wig came, I was hooked. I fell in love instantly with how good my new ‘hair’ looked. It was perfect. Since then, I’ve quickly expanded my collection and now own almost every style and every color Jon Renau makes. I’m hooked! One of my current favorites is Ignite in Shaded Praline. It’s fun, flirty, and so easy to wear. Nearly every time I leave the house in this style, some stranger compliments me on how great my hair looks. After not being able to do much with my real hair for years, I love being able to change my look or color instantly.

What advice would you give to a new wig wearer?

First, make sure that you do your research by watching YouTube videos and reviews. These helped me immensely when I first started.

Second, when your first wig comes, wear it around the house for a few days first. Get comfortable with how it feels on your head and how you look. This way, you won’t be so anxious about going out in the ‘real world’.

And when that day does come that you decide to debut your wig in public, own it. Remember if you believe it looks great and just like your real hair, no one will think twice about it. Confidence in Hair is everything.

What do you love about our brand?

I love that Jon Renau is so easy to put on and go. I don’t need to fuss with these wigs or make modifications to make them ‘work’. I have yet to meet a Jon Renau wig that I didn’t love when I put it on. The styles are up to date and current and the colors are always very well done.

No other wig line give me the confidence to go out in public with the feeling that my hair looks great like Jon Renau gives me. They look so very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment